عنوان مقاله [English]
Using resistant cultivars is the best way to reduce damages caused by sugar beet root rot and rhizomania. In order to develop resistant cultivar to these diseases, sugar beet genotypes were evaluated under artificial inoculation to rhizoctonia and one of the pollinators was selected as the most resistant population to rhizoctonia (SB19) in 2003. Self-fertile lines and hybrids were derived from non-inoculated roots of this population in 2004 and 2005, respectively. Selected hybrids were compared in terms of yield in different regions for two years and also pollinator lines were evaluated in terms of resistance under micro plot conditions in Hamedan. Results showed that sugar yield of a hybrid that its pollinator was selected as Ekbatan cultivar’s pollinator was 10.2 t.ha-1 and decease index of its pollinator was 2.16. Average sugar yield of Ekbatan in infested and non- infested regions with rhizoctonia was 9.1 and 7.0 t.ha-1, respectively. According to the results of yield and resistance to rhizoctonia evaluation, 10 superior lines were selected. In order to obtain resistant hybrid to rhizoctonia as well as tolerant torhizomania, 18 hybrids were developed by crossing those 10 superior lines with some male sterile lines that were resistant to rhizomania. Yield comparison of the hybrids was performed in three different regions that were naturally infested with rhizoctonia and rhizomania during 2010 and 2011. Two-years averages of sugar yield for (7112*SB36)*S1-24 hybrid that was released as Ekbatan in those regions were 8.7, 8.9 and 9.3 ton.ha-1, respectively. In general, results indicated that yield and resistance of Ekbatan cultivar was similar to the foreign resistant cultivar. The time needed to reach 90% seed germination by Ekbatan was 80 hours that is faster than that for Flores and Jolgeh cultivars. This indicates the higher germination rate of this cultivar.
1- سلطانینژاد، س.، محمودی، س. ب. و فرخینژاد، ر. 1386. بررسی خصوصیات جدایههای ریزوکتونیای چغندرقند در ایران. مجله چغندرقند. 23: 135-150.
2- صادقزاده حمایتی، س. 1395. گزارش علمکرد پژوهشی موسسه تحقیقات اصلاح و تهیه بذر چغندرقند. کرج. موسسه تحقیقات اصلاح و تهیه بذر چغندرقند. 196 صفحه.
3- محمودی، س. ب.، مصباح، م.، علیزاده، ع. و ابراهیمی کولایی، ح. 1382. مقایسه روشهای مختلف ارزیابی مقاومت به پوسیدگی ریزوکتونیایی ریشه و طوقه چغندرقند در ژنوتیپهای منتخب چغندرقند. مجله چغندرقند. 1: 19-30.
4. Benker, M. 2000. Rhizoctonia root rot – Can resistant sugar beet varieties contribute to control the disease? Gottinger zuckerrubentagung. Gottingen, Germany. 693-697.
5. Buttner, G., Pfahler, B. and Marlander, B. 2004. Greenhouse and field techniques for testing sugar beet for resistance to Rhizoctonia root and crown rot. Plant Breed. 123: 158-166.
6. Harveson, R. M., Stack, J. P., Watkins, J. E., Giesler, L. J. and Chacky, J. L. 2003. "EC03-1885 Sugar Beet Disease Profiles I: Fungal Root Rots". Historical Materials from University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension. 1607.
7. Hecker, R. J. and Ruppel, E. G. 1977. Rhizoctonia root rot resistance in sugar beet: breeding and related research. J. Am. Soc. Sugar Beet Technol. 19: 246-256.
8. McGrann, G. R., Grimmer, M. K., MUTASA‐GÖTTGENS, E. S. and Stevens, M. 2009. Progress towards the understanding and control of sugar beet rhizomania disease. Mol. Plant Pathol. 10(1): 129-141.
9. Molard, R. M. 2000. Towards healthier and better sugar beet. 63e congres institut international de recherches betterravieres, Interlaken, Switzerland. 85-91 pp.
10. Ohkura, M., Abawi, G. S., Smart, C. D. and Hodge, K. T. 2009. Diversity and aggressiveness of Rhizoctonia solani and Rhizoctonia-like fungi on vegetables in New York. Plant Dis. 93: 615-624.
11. Panella, L. W. 1998. Screening and utilizing Beta genetic resources with resistance to Rhizoctonia root rot and Cercospora leaf spot in sugar beet breeding program. 4th International Beta Genetic Resources Workshop and World Beta Network Conference Held at the Aegean Agricultural Research Institute, Izmir, Turkey 12: 62-72.
12. Scholten, E. O., Panella, L. W., De Bock, T. S. M. and Lange, W. 2001. A greenhouse test for screening sugar beet (Beta vulgaris) for resistance to rhizoctonia solani. Eur. J. Plant Pathol. 107: 161-166.
13. Strausbaugh, C. A., Eujayl, I. A., Panella, L. W. and Hanson, L. E. 2011. Virulence, distribution and diversity of Rhizoctonia solani from sugar beet in Idaho and Oregon. Can. J. Plant Pathol. 33:210-226.