عنوان مقاله [English]
Over 50% of the sugar beet fields in Iran are infested by rhizomania and beet cyst nematode diseases. Using resistant varieties is a simple and efficient method of managing these diseases. In 2015, Shokofa was released as the second domestic monogerm variety, resistant to both rhizomania and beet cyst nematode. White sugar yield of this variety under infested field condition was 7.44 tha-1 which was in the same group as foreign control Ludwina (8.28 tha-1) and domestic control Tous (7.32 tha-1). In an experiment conducted in greenhouse, the resistance of Shokofa variety to cyst nematode was evaluated and results showed that the average number of cyst on Shokofa root was 30, while two foreign controls including Pauletta and Sanetta infested with 23 and 26 cysts respectively, and the susceptible control Jolge was infested with 114 cysts. Based on two on-farm experiments conducted in Khoy and Fariman Sugar Factories in 2014, the sugar yield of Shokofa was 9.23 tha-1 that was almost equal to sugar yield of Toukan cultivar (9.47 tha-1), a foreign sugar beet control. However, under rhizomania infected fields in Neishabor and Qazvin Sugar Factories, the sugar yield of Shokofa was 7.17 tha-1 which was higher than all domestic and foreign controls.
1- احمدیخواه، ا. 1389. اصلاح نباتات تکمیلی. انتشارات دانشگاه علوم کشاورزی و منابع طبیعی گرگان.460 ص.
2- ایزدپناه، ک .، هاشمی، پ.، کامران، ر.، پاکنیت، م.، سهندپور، آ و معصومی، م. 1375. وجود گسترده بیماری ریشهریشی در فارس. مجله بیماریهای گیاهی. 32: 206-200.
3. Asher, M. J. C. and Thompson, K. 1987. Rhizomania in Europe. Br. Sugar Beet Rev. 55: 24-28.
4. Asher, M. J. C. 1993. Rhizomania. In: Cooke DA, Scott RK (eds.) The Sugar Beet Crop: Science into Practice, Chapman and Hall, London, pp 311-346.
5. Canova, A. 1952. Si studia la rhizomania della bietola. Inf Fitopatol. 10: 235-239.
6. FAO. 2018. OECD-FAO Agricultural Outlook 2018-2027, OECD publishing, Rome, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 317 pp.
7. Luterbacher, M.C., Asher, M. J. C., Beyer, W., Mandolino, G., Scholten, O. E., Frese, L., Biancardi, E., Stevanato, P., Mechelke, W. and Slyvchenko, O. 2005. Sources of resistance to diseases of sugar beet in related Beta germplasm: Soil borne diseases. Euphytica 141: 49-63.
8. Mehrvar, M., Valizadeh, J., Koeing, R. and Bragard, C. G. 2009. Iranian beet necrotic yellow vein virus (BNYVV): Pronounce diversity of the P25 coding region in A-type and identification of P-type lacking a fifth RNA species. Arch. Virol. 154: 501-506.
9. Whitney, G. D. and Duffus, J. E. 1986. Compendium of beet diseases and insects. APS Press, St Paul Minnesota, 76.
10. Hemayati, S. S., Akbar, M. R. J. E, Ghaemi, A. R. and Fasahat, P. 2017. Efﬁciency of white mustard and oilseed radish trap plants against sugar beet cyst nematode. Appl. Soil Ecol. 119: 192-196.
11. Fasahat, P., Rajabi, A., Mahmoudi, S. B., Abdolahian Noghabi, M. and Mohseni Rad, J. 2015. An overview on the use of stability parameters in plant breeding, Biomet. & Biostat. Int. J. 2(5): 1-11.